Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Putting Down Roots

Now that we are in our own home I feel we can put down some roots and when I say roots I mean an apple tree and some blueberries.

It's that time of year to get the bareroots planted. I picked up 4 blueberry plants from a local nursery called Farmers Supply and ordered a low chill apple tree from Peaceful Valley. It's a 4 on 1 multiple grafted apple tree (semi-dwarf). Since I don't have room to plant two apple trees in my yard this was the best answer for variety and pollination.

The blueberries have been planted and seem to be adjusting their new home.

Blueberries 








The apple tree arrived yesterday and will be planted this weekend if all goes according to plan. We are going to build a raised planter box for the apple tree. The yard is slow to drain when it rains and I'm concerned the roots may stay too wet. I'm hoping by raising the tree a bit the drainage will no be an issue.

Apple Tree
Gordon, Fuji, Anna and Morsett Golden

Apple bud

No comments:

Post a Comment