Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Some Photos

I just wanted to share a few photos I took when I got home this afternoon.

Photo Below: The raspberries are just about ready for picking.



Photo Below: Looks like I'll be picking corn by the 4th of July. I'm hoping!




Photo Below: Round Zucchini



Photo Below: Spaghetti Squash



Photo Below: This photo is for Granny over at Annie's Kitchen Garden.
Attacked by something and have become all wilty and spindly and floppy.
I'll be pulling potatoes in a few weeks and these beds will get some summer color.



Photo Below: New home for the Hosta's. I think they will be much happier in the carport and out of the hot sun.



Gardening is a way of showing that you believe in tomorrow.
Author Unknown

9 comments:

  1. liisa - I've got something attacking a few of my potato plants, as well. Ready or not, they'll be harvested in 2 weeks. Thanks for showing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH-MY-GOODNESS! "Attacked" is right! What on earth would have done that to your lovely potatoes? As much as I preach how fun gardening is, and not to take it seriously....I think that would seriously make me cry. I hope they had already blossomed, so you can at least get some good baby potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi EG and Granny,

    I think slugs have been eating them. They have been getting spindly in the last few weeks and falling over on their own weight. I have only seen one flower bud try and come up... but then nothing. So I don't know if they will bloom or not. But like I said I'm going to pull them in a few weeks... like you EG... ready or not.

    Liisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can look at veggie pictures all day. Thanks.

    Sorry about the taters. Is it really hot there now? Maybe the heat had something to do with their downfall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheryl,

    You're welcome :-)

    It's been on and off with the heat. They started to get too tall to keep them selves upright and then something started eating them.... slugs I think. We do have lots of click beetles in the area… I can hear them in the trees... so who knows.

    Liisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog, and absolutely love your garden/back yard. Our journeys appear to be very similar, so hope to visit again soon. All the best, and keep your fingers muddy this summer!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stacey,

    Thank you for following my blog and the kind words about my garden. I just read you profile and you are right our garden journey is on the same path. Best of luck and come back and visit again soon.

    Liisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no. So sorry about the taters!

    ReplyDelete