Sunday, February 22, 2009

It’s Raining… It’s Pouring…

And it's windy!

I spent the morning in the greenhouse potting up the basil, sage, cilantro, and pumpkin peppers. I also started Round French Zucchini and Small Wonder Spaghetti Squash seeds. The greenhouse is really starting to fill up.

Photo below: Potted up basil, sage, and cilantro.


Photo Below: The pot center front is a baby bell pepper red that is really looking good. To the left is the potted up pumpkin pepper.


Photo Below: True leaf on the cucumbers


Photo Below: Sungold cherry tomato looking happy and healthy.


Speaking of cherry tomatoes... I saw this cool photo on Renee's Garden of sungold cherry tomatoes growing on a arch.... Now i wonder if I can do that?



Well I just happened to have an arch that I'm not using.. so into the tomato bed it went. Why not give it a try?


Photo Below: This is my next big project... geting the pavers laid down in the side yard so I can clear up this area for the potted plants that are in the middle of the patio. All the containers you see in this photo are filling with rain water. We will have rain on and off all week. I really need to get a nice rain barrel.

8 comments:

  1. Everything's looking good. I see you read The Vegetable Gardener's Bible. That's another one that I wouldn't mind owning instead of borrowing from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those plants/seedlings look gorgeous! I sure wish I had a greenhouse. We're getting a new garden shed built this year, I don't think it would be too difficult to add a small greenhouse extension. I'll have to work on Mr. H ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl!

    Thanks! I hope it looks even better when I can start planting.

    The Vegetable Gardener's Bible has really helped me learn the needs of veggies. And I love the "Garden Friends and Adversaries" on page 40 and 41. Without it I would have planted bush beans and onions right next to each other.

    Liisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Granny,

    A greenhouse addition would not be hard at all and you would love it! You may even come back from AZ in February just to get your seeds started... but don't tell Mr.H that until it's built ;-)

    Liisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liisa, those tomatoes and peppers look fantastic! I hope mine turn out that well. Good call on the setup you have, because it's certainly doing a good job of propagating things.

    EG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks EG. I'm really happy with it and the best part, it was cheap and easy to put together.

    Liisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheap? Easy? I need more information!!

    Granny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your baby's look big and healthy - I wish mine were that far along.

    ReplyDelete